Satay-Style Chicken Skewers
This is a simple and deliciously quick cook, great for summer BBQ's as all the preparations are done in advance. Also it's mild enough for the whole family. Add more punch with a dipping sauce laced with hot chilli.
This is a fabulous low fat, high protein combination so it's very popular with my gym-going customers.
The recipe below uses the rub as it comes but for added crunch and texture add a spoonful or two of your favourite crunchy peanut butter.
Give these a try, you'll be making these again and again.
Ingredients- Makes about 12 skewers
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced lengthways into approximately 10mm slices.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Half a packet of Bite Me Spices Nut Rub.
- Put the sliced chicken breast into a large bowl and cover well with the vegetable oil.
- Tip half the packet of Nut Rub onto the chicken and mix to coat thoroughly. Cover and leave in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Meanwhile soak small wooden shewers in water for an hour to prevent burning. I like the flat handled wooden skewers as the meat doesn't spin round the skewer when turned.
- Thread chicken onto the skewers. Cook on direct heat over hot coals for 2-3 minutes and turn. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Check they are thoroughly cooked through and serve.