NEW PRODUCT- Onion Bhaji Mix
We are always happy to take requests, for blends that is and I was asked for a bhaji mix. Fast forward a few weeks of tests and trials and here it is. Feedback has been amazing so we hope you love it too.
The mix makes approximately 6 medium bhajis.
- Carefully heat a fryer or a saucepan half filled with vegetable oil to 180 degrees.
- Meanwhile finely slice 200g peeled red or white onions into half rings and separate.
- Add the bhaji mix to a large bowl and slowly pour in up to 90ml water. The mix should be a thick but runny consistency.
- Add the onions and coat well.
- When the oil is up to temperature, using your hands or an ice crwam scoop put a ball of mixture carefully into the oil. The bhajis should be left to cook for about 2 minutes before turning onto the other side. Cook for another 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon onto kitchen roll to absorb excess oil. Best eaten when slightly cooled but you can batch cook and reheat in the oven.