Cajun Halloumi Kebabs
This is another great recipe that works equally well on the BBQ or in the oven and makes BBQ fare for vegetarians or those after something other than more meat just that bit more interesting.
Timings for cooking the kebabs are roughy the same whichever method you cook them but will depend on the size of the vegetables and Halloumi and the heat of your grill.
Ingredients: To serve 4 people
- 3 tbsp Bite Me Spices Cajun Spice Mix
- 8 large new potatoes, cut in half and boiled in salted water until just cooked through.
- 1 red pepper, cut into large chunks
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 125g halloumi (about half a pack) cut into large chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 8 wooden or metal skewers (if using wooden skewers, remember to soak for at least 30 minutes before cooking).
- Place all the cut up ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil and mix to coat well.
- Add 3 tbsp of Bite Me Spices Cajun Spice Mix and stir well to coat all the ingredients.
- Carefully skewer the ingredients ensuring each kebab has a variety of vegetables and halloumi.
- Place over medium hot coals or a medium hot grill, turning them occasionally to prevent burning.
- They should take about 8 minutes in total to cook.
- Delicious served with a crisp green salad and eaten in the sunshine.