Baked Bhaji Bites
I have been asked many times if these bhajis can be made successfully in the oven and I finally had some time to experiment. This is a great spice kit to have in the kitchen as the bhajis can be mixed in minutes and take only a short time to cook.
This is not really a recipe as such as the mix instructions are the same as on the packet but for the best results for cooking, you will need;
- The oven heated to 160 degrees
- A metal mini muffin tin, the silicone ones don't work as well for this.
- A flat baking tray.
- Spray oil or vegetable oil and some kitchen roll or pastry brush.
- Make up the bhaji mix as per the instructions. I replaced some of the onion with grated carrot just to change things up a bit. Set aside.
- Lightly coat the inside of the muffin tin with oil and place in the oven. Preheat the oven to temperature.
- Once the oven is hot remove the muffin tin and fill with spoons of the mix. Try to keep most of the mix off the top of the tin as shown. It helps when removing the bhajis.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully remove each bhaji from the tin using a palette knife or scoop out carefully with a spoon.
- Put on a flat baking tray with the bhaji upside down and put back in the oven for 5 minutes just to cook the base.
- Repeat until all the mix is cooked.
- Serve with one of our delicious curries or a raita as shown.