A Satay Sauce in 3 minutes using Bite Me Spices Nut Rub
This is a really quick and tasty Satay sauce, perfect to dip our Nut Rub Satay Chicken into. (See earlier blog post). It uses reduced fat coconut milk and less peanut butter than many other sauces, obviously feel free to use the full fat stuff if you like.
Makes roughly enough dip for 4 people as a starter or part of a meal.
You will need;
- Half a tin of reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 heaped tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Bite Me Spices Nut Rub
- 1 small red chilli, very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp gluten free soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional but check seasoning if not using)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Sea salt if needed
- Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan and heat, stirring constantly. The mix will thicken as it heats up. When combined transfer to a serving bowl and leave to cool.
- Use when room temperature or slightly warmed. Dip chicken, beef, pork or vegetables into this delicious and healthy-ish sauce.